Saturday 5 September 2015

My Media Summer

Dr Dre's Compton Album
My summer consisted of 3 major events, Rap/Hip hop music, a new home and Twitter. I will start with the music. 3 new albums dropped and I went crazy, Meek Mill, Drake and Dr. Dre have produced music all for a reasonably long time but something was missing. All of them were mediocre except for Dr. Dre's album which really wasn’t great for my entertainment appetite. Also, on the music side of media, Apple released their own streaming service called, Apple Music, which i found really useful because you don't have to constantly update it like spotify or soundcloud, it also doesn't need any installs or app purchases because it is apart of the music section on iPhone's, iPad's and other apple products. The only downside was the price of the streaming service which is £10 a month. This is quite high considering I can download soundcloud for free and never pay.
Twitter

Twitter, however, never seems to fail me. I can sit on twitter for hours. If I had to chose between water, air or twitter, I would chose twitter. But, a lot of people have started to veer away from social media just simply because that it doesn’t satisfy them anymore.

The last major event actually happened at the start of the holidays because I moved homes as soon as august started and for the first time in my life I had my own room. It was a 2 week job actually cleaning my old place and unpacking the new one but the main focus of the moving is my media set up, I have stereo, HDTV and an Xbox One which I bought a new game for ; Batman Arkham Knight. The game's plot follows the end of the Arkham trilogy and the eventual end of the batman. It was a good game overall but it seemed like I finished it too early and it was too easy to unlock certain features, I also played a lot of FIFA and NBA 2K in my spare time. These two games are seen as the highest rated games in the sports genre, but, they weren't made properly because they had to be released on a new console in a very short time. Because they weren't made properly they had to constantly give updates and patches which ended up with more glitches or ruined game-play. For example, NBA could not be saved offline and the players often just left the ball when dribbling and started clapping. 


Straight Outta Compton Poster
Some other things that I did is watch 'Straight Outta Compton' which was a very good movie. It shows the rise and fall of rap group, N.W.A and the racism and abuse happening against African-Americans in America from the late 80's to present day. Overall, my media summer was good but could of had more excitement in terms of TV and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.